When it comes to good health, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. The idea is to stay healthy and not get sick in the first place. This means strengthening our immune system by avoiding and eliminating toxins and negative stress, supplying our bodies with complete nutrition and developing a healthy belief system, outlook and attitude regarding life. A strong, healthy immune system has the ability to handle almost anything you throw at it but a weak, depleted or malfunctioning one simply can’t protect us.
Many of us fall short of living an ideal lifestyle, but that shouldn’t keep us from progressing toward one and doing what we can do. I recall an experience I had when I was in my early twenties. I was drinking a beer with a friend and reached into my pocket, pulled out my vitamin pack and started washing a few supplements down with the beer. My friend laughed and said “Isn’t that self defeating, drinking beer and taking vitamins?”. I responded… “it’s better than drinking beer and not taking vitamins”.
Below are a few of what I call universal health principles. You will notice whole food supplementation is at the top of my list. This is because, my research has revealed that plenty of independent, non-biased research that confirms the depleted agricultural condition of our growing soils. When you combine soil depletion, chemical fertilizers and toxic chemical insect and weed control techniques, with the adulterated, processed, preserved, bleached, refined, chemically and genetically modified nutrient deficient “food products” we are being sold in supermarkets, restaurants and fast food stores, it should come as no surprise that chronic, degenerative conditions are worse than ever and still gaining momentum with no end in sight.
Our body’s immune system can do amazing things when provided with the proper materials, but a house is only as strong as the materials it’s built with. We literally are what we eat (or more accurately what we absorb). if the body isn’t getting all the nutrients it needs for optimal health, it’s just a matter of time before the inevitable degenerative breakdown and chronic condition occurs.
Universal Keys To Health
The guidelines below are the ideal conditions, the closer we can get to them, the greater our health and longevity potential:
- Consume a Foundational, High Quality, Bio-Available, Complete Whole Food Supplement
- Cultivate a Positive, Self Empowered Mental & Emotional Belief System, Attitude and Outlook on Life
- Drink, Bathe and Shower in Pure Water (no chlorine, fluoride, chemical or biological toxins)
- Eat Pure Unadulterated Natural Foods (organic or as close to nature as possible)
- Avoid Toxic Foods, Negative People, Environments & Conditions
- Breathe Fresh Pure Air (Deep Breathing, air purification etc)
- Engage in some sort of Daily Exercise (walking, cycling, treadmill, yoga or weight training with cardio)
- Learn to manage and “reframe” stress (meditation, self hypnosis etc)
- Live, Love, Laugh and Continue to Learn. Evolve your outlook, self image, purpose and mission in life in a joyful way!
I hope you find value or food for thought on my site. If you have any questions feel free to contact me or the person who referred you here.